Want a free meal or takeaway at The Clay Oven?
Simply head over to the Cobra Beer web site and complete the prize draw form or complete it when at the restaurant.
Over 1000 Prizes to be won!
- Meal for two – 250 prizes
- 50% off meal for two – 250 prizes
- Upto £100 off your meal, when ordered with a Cobra for upto ten – 200 prizes
- Free family takeaway for upto five – 200 prizes
- Family meal for upto five – 100 prizes
- 50% off family meal for upto five – 100 prizes
Full terms and conditions can be found at the Cobra Beer web site.
Be quick, the closing date for entries is 30 September 2013!
One of the biggest family films of the year bringing the Harry Potter saga to a close makes it unmissable.
With the Dominion Cinema just minutes round the corner, why not pop in for a curry beforehand.
Half a spring chicken marinated with our special mix of yoghurt, herbs and spices – this dish is best served with a fresh soft nan bread. As with all our tandoori dishes, this is lower in fat and calories than our curries so definitely one to devour if you’re watching what you eat!
Also available with chicken, our tikka kebab is marinated with yoghurt, herbs and spices before being cooked in our tandoor (clay oven). Served with green peppers and onions, this is another great healthy alternative to a curry. Ideally served with a light fluffy nan bread is the perfect option but rice will do too!
Our Side Dishes are a great way to complement your main dishes – and they can always be shared! Here we recommend two of our most Popular Potato Side Dishes.
If you love peas, our Alo Mater is one to order and goes nicely with just about any main dish.
One of our most popular Side Dishes consisting of spinach and potato.
The second of this month’s Featured Dishes is also from our Menu’s Classic section.
Whilst it may look like another of our popular chicken curries, Madras, this is a slightly less spicy dish with it’s sweet and sour sauce.
Our Malayan dish is another exotic and mild dish similar to last month’s Featured Dish – Kashmiri.
If you’re looking for something different to your regular spicy curries, this is one to try with it’s fruity flavours.
Our all day Sunday buffet has been running for over a year now and is extremely popular every Sunday as it gives diners a chance to try a selection of dishes.
Our buffet menu is changed every Sunday to keep things exciting while some favourites such as the classic Indian dish, Chicken Tikka Massallam, being featured regularly.
A sample buffet menu is provided below and the cost of the buffet is only:
- £9.95 for adults
- £5.95 for kids under 10
- FREE for kids under 3
- Sabzi Pakora – mixed vegetable with gram flour and deep fried.
- Chicken Wings – lovely spiced chicken wings – finger food at it’s best
- Chana Puri – chick peas in spicy gravy served with puffed break – you have to taste this treat.
Mains – Meat
- Chicken Tikka Massallam – everyone knows this one – and we think our version is pretty special
- Chicken Korma – a lightly spiced creamy chicken curry
- Chicken Jalfrezie – a hotter chicken dish – really tasty
- Alo Gosht – Lovely lamb and spiced potatoes.
- Alo Gobi Massallam – Wholesome spiced potato and cauliflower in a classic Indian gravy
- Sag Daal – Spinach and lentils in a curry sauce – ideal on its own or as a side dish.
- Mixed Vegetable Bhaji – a range of mixed vegetables with selected spices.
- Nan (plain) – freshly cooked with the taste of the tandoor.
- Pilau Rice – the classic flavoured rice
There will be a range of sauces to enjoy with you food – including chilli Sauce, lovely yoghurty Mint Sauce and some lively spiced onions
- Tea/Coffee – whichever you fancy!
- Ice Cream – to refresh you after your meal (if you still have room!)
As we say – the buffet is popular – so please call us on 0131 447 9724 and book yourself a seat at our table.
Join in with us at The Clay Oven, to welcome the God of Thunder – Thor, to Morningside!
This latest fantasy blockbuster (in 3D) is sure to get a full house at our local Dominion cinema. Thor, the rebelling super-hero warrior is banished from his home planet Asgard to Earth. Here, he must fit in with normal human beings, reclaim back the powers to his magical hammer, Mjollnir, and learn what it means to be a true hero when attacked by a dangerous villain from Asgard.
We’re pretty sure you’ll be left with a super-hero sized hunger to match. So why not come along to The Clay Oven, where our restaurant’s chef will cook up a super-size delicious meal to satisfy your appetite.
If your head is still abuzz with all the movie’s amazing action sequences, then delve into our Assorted Kebab Selection, where the fine flavours will take care of your buzzing tastebuds. Then we recommend the superior Podina Murgh Massallam. Charcoal grilled chicken cutlets, in an appetizing sauce with mint and spring onions.
Compliment this dish with any of our Super Side Dishes, full of hearty and wholesome vegetables. You’re now on your way to regaining that super-strength!
And lastly, Marvel at the creamy delight of the traditional but very energizing Indian Kulfi ice cream.
Posted in The Clay Oven